|Granules India||GRANUL||85||150||76.47%||12 - 15|
|PTC India||POWTRA||115.4||178||54.25%||12 months|
|Wipro Technologies||WIPRO||411||633||54.01%||12 - 18|
|J K Cement||JKCEME||176||255||44.89%||12 months|
|Cinemax India||CININD||109.7||150||36.74%||12 months|
Saturday, February 16, 2008
billion to charity. Here are some very interesting aspects of his life:
1. He bought his first share at age 11 and he now regrets that he started too late!
2. He bought a small farm at age 14 with savings from delivering newspapers.
3. He still lives in the same small 3-bedroom house in mid-town Omaha , that he bought after he got married
50 years ago. He says that he has everything he needs in that house. His house does not have a wall or a fence.
4. He drives his own car everywhere and does not have a driver or security people around him.
5. He never travels by private jet, although he owns the world's largest private jet company.
6. His company, Berkshire Hathaway, owns 63 companies. He writes only one letter each year to the CEOs of these companies, giving them goals for the year. He never holds meetings or calls them on a regular basis.
He has given his CEO's only two rules.
7. He does not socialize with the high society crowd. His past time after he gets home is to make himself
some pop corn and watch Television.
8. Bill Gates, the world's richest man met him for the first time only 5 years ago. Bill Gates did not think
he had anything in common with Warren Buffet. So he had scheduled his meeting only for half hour. But when Gates met him, the meeting lasted for ten hours and Bill Gates became a devotee of Warren Buffet.
9. Warren Buffet does not carry a cell phone, nor has a computer on his desk.
His advice to young people: "Stay away from credit cards and invest in yourself and Remember:
A. Money doesn't create man but it is the man who created money.
B. Live your life as simple as you are.
C. Don't do what others say, just listen to them, but do what makes you feel good.
D. Don't go on brand name; just wear those things in which you feel comfortable.
E. Don't waste your money on unnecessary things; just spend on things that you really need.
F. After all it's your life, then why give others the chance to rule your life."
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
I was sitting here thinking of the words i want to sayThere is a miracle called friendship, that dwells in the heart
But they wouldn't come out right so i found another way
I opened my notepad and i wrote this poem for you
But there's no way to thank you for everything you do
For always being nice to me and staying by my side
For helping fix my problems and never leaving me behind
For accepting my thoughts and feelings though you dont understand
For never giving up on me and being my best friend
For making me laugh and letting me cry
And saying you'd miss me if i were to die
Everything you mean to me you could never know
In all the ways you've changed my life i could never show
The way you take care of me you're my shining star
And though it's so incredible that's just the way you are
Before i get too mushy it's time for me to go
But before i stop there's one thing you should know
As long as we are living no matter when or where
If you need me, i'll be there
I'll climb a thousand mountains and swim a thousand seas
Anything to be there because you've been there for me
This poem goes out to all the special people in my life
You do not know how it happens or when it gets its start
But you know the special lift it always brings
You realize that friendship is God's most precious gift!
Monday, February 11, 2008
Sunday, February 10, 2008
US Recessions since 1945
Duration of recession/Election in
1. Feb. 1945-Oct. 1945
8 months/Nov 1944
2. Nov. 1948-Oct. 1949
3. July 1953-May 1954
4. Aug. 1957-April 1958
5. April 1960-Feb. 1961
6. Dec. 1969-Nov. 1970
7. Nov. 1973-March 1975
8. Jan. 1980-July 1980
9. July 1981-Nov. 1982
10. July 1990-March 1991
11. March 2001-Nov. 2001
8 months/Nov 2000