Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Friendship

I was sitting here thinking of the words i want to say
But they wouldn't come out right so i found another way
I opened my notepad and i wrote this poem for you
But there's no way to thank you for everything you do
For always being nice to me and staying by my side
For helping fix my problems and never leaving me behind
For accepting my thoughts and feelings though you dont understand
For never giving up on me and being my best friend
For making me laugh and letting me cry
And saying you'd miss me if i were to die
Everything you mean to me you could never know
In all the ways you've changed my life i could never show
The way you take care of me you're my shining star
And though it's so incredible that's just the way you are
Before i get too mushy it's time for me to go
But before i stop there's one thing you should know
As long as we are living no matter when or where
If you need me, i'll be there
I'll climb a thousand mountains and swim a thousand seas
Anything to be there because you've been there for me
This poem goes out to all the special people in my life

There is a miracle called friendship, that dwells in the heart
You do not know how it happens or when it gets its start
But you know the special lift it always brings
You realize that friendship is God's most precious gift!

No comments: