Monday, February 12, 2007

How I chose the correct Indian World Cup 07 Squad?

In a laborious process I had predicted earlier (Feb 4th 2007morning), using the Prashna process of KP Astrology, over a period of 2 hours and 50 minutes from 7.20AM, picking the divine number for each player (restricted to 10 chances out of 30), for the 8 slots, with 4 in a trouble (fitness and fanfare) and 4 to be really picked... out of the remaining 18. I did not restrict it to my favourites of 22 based on intelligent guess, while other 8 were also still in contention for the remaining 3 places.

This was the list I had in the mind when I started the prophecy.

I Sure in (8)

Dravid
Ganguly
Tendulkar
Kumble
Harbhajan
Dhoni
Zaheer Khan
Ajit Agarkar

II Fitness and Fanfare (4)

Sehwag
Yuvraj
Pathan
Munaf Patel

III Rest in the lot... (3)

Dinesh Kaarthick
Sreesanth
Robin Uthappa

IV Other favourites (6)

Raina
RP Singh
Ramesh Powar
Gautham Gambhir
Kaif
VVS Laxman

In the second lot (II), I wanted to see whether they would make it. The odds (scores) were very good for them, so they are in.

Now for the III lot, who were in the team for the Srilankan ODIs..... I chose the numbers, and looked at whether they would make it. I also looked at the 10th house, with 12th, to make sure the interests are

looked in correctly. Marked the scores, based on the transits till April 29th 2007 midnight.

I also looked the IV lot, other favourites....

Raina and RP Singh also had similar scores better than the rest (hence they are named backups, and would travel to West Indies and be readily available as unofficial candidates for India - all expenses paid by BCCI), but Ramesh Powar had the next lowest (he might be called in for cover after March 23rd, when his points are more than Harbhajan - a finger injury?), and along with Kaif and Laxman gettign even lower marks compared to the earlier selected people.

Now what about the others in the probables list.? Nothing to mention, worthwhile, and only "Inshant Sharma" had got points worth mentioning and like Ramesh Powar, his points go higher but only on April 28th only.(final day). I also feel other than RP Singh, he might be called in a cover on April 21st for the Semi Final (April 25) and Final (April 28).

A note, as I am in Chennai - I wanted to know about the chances of S Badrinath, and his score was very low, but looks like he would represent India in some form during Nov 2007 to Feb 2008 and beyond.

No comments: