Friday, May 23, 2008

What is Web2.0?

Here is a lift off on Web 2.0 (I am internalizing aka HOWGAL)
Someone wrote "Web 2.0 can do something. We really don't know what it is yet. But this is what I think it is" ha ha.
Reference from O' ReillyPublishing second hand stuff like this that weakly paraphrases what somebody else had attempted to phrase-it devalues other concepts such as 'salary' and 'newspaper-fame'. Let us talk fluff "so what. This is fluff?"
While this may impress 'give me 5 of those' type people and prompt them to do the web 2.0 thing - this could also inflict damage on intelligent readers, who aren't tuned into web 2.0, causing them to form theories that sound something like: "My physics teacher in Tiruppur didn't explain physics very well to me. So physics is all fluff". You got it?
Well if Web 2.0 helps online marketing and selling, I need not have helped my Dad carry (1980s) the heavy bundle of hosiery - manufactured (hard physical labor) and sold without any taxes - zilch - non so whatever - smuggling from Tiruppur to Erode Wholesale market within our own country! It was always nice to hear from Dad that he made Rs 100/- and more as profit, as that would mean we (siblings) can get some nice Cashew Pakoda and Cream buns. We can afford to give coffee (Neskappi) to friends, if they visit.

No comments: