Found some snippets on the web... on... Product to Launch and sustain...
1. When you come up with an idea for a product, validate it with potential customers
2. Build an early prototype and get more feedback (people can give concrete feedback when they see early implementations)
3. Try to understand the feedback deeper (you can ask why they want a particular feature and see whether you understand the hidden requirements as well)
4. Normally if 2 or more customers ask for a feature, it means either it does not exist in your product or if it does, not very easy to figure out how to use it. Either way, it is an important step in iterating the product releases.
5. The early users may be entirely internal, but the process is similar. The closer you are to actual users expectations, the better.